
I feel like sometimes most of my day is spent hearing foolish quarrels between kids... Could be as ridiculous as what color the car in the last movie we watched was..."It was blue"..."no, it was red"...Or "So and so said this"..."No, so and so said that"...This makes me just want to pull my hair out sometimes! It's like we are always in competition with who has the last word or SOMETHING...But if we need to label it it's just called "sin". Good ol sin...I mean I think about myself and how I myself am quick to fall into a quarrel in my own home because I so quickly take my eyes off Christ and place it onto myself and the flesh likes to quarrel!
Sooo in saying all that, I came across this much appreciated verse this morning in 2Timothy 2:3...Paul was inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT in writing his final letter to Timothy before his own execution...He felt it was important enough to make this one of his final admonitions to Timothy for the church (believers). I was like, "oh yea baby, this is one we will be memorizing for sure, starting this morning!" Thank you Paul, or should I say, God!
"But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife...A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all..."
Simple and clear! :) And with God's grace; possible...

3 comments:
Came across a verse in my studies yesterday that called this posting to mind.
Galatians 5:25-26 - "If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another."
Just thought I'd share in case you need a second verse to memorize. Have a blessed Sunday :)
Thanks for another memory verse for the Pichura home too!
thank you for the reminder. Just this morning I was praying about these things and how I look at my own sin and hold onto it and not let it go...as Juli wrote: Galatians 5:25-26 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful, Challenging one another, envying one another...Each day is new and his Mercies are new every morning.
Post a Comment