
One of our church elders gave a quick blurb on Sunday before service...Our pastor is really encouraging us to be in God's Word daily which in turns causes us to stay focused on Christ and His calling in each of our lives...We are going to be starting up some great ministry opportunities...So back to our elder...He was so sincere and as he stepped away from the mic his heart and passion began...He challenged each one of us to go and get a passport...He shared that we were saved to "GO" to be sent out to share the Gospel...Whether it be here in our county or out of country, we need to be ready to GO! My eyes were filling with tears as I watched his passion...But here was the best part; He shared that most of us Christians will say, "I'll pray and see if I'm called"....He said "Don't pray, when you were saved, you were called!"
UM, can you say OUCH! He encouraged us to run for a door and if God closes that door, then RUN for another door, and if that door closes run for another door!
This leads me into a personal story. My husband and I have been waiting for this adoption to finalize so that we could pursue another little boy who was in the foster home our little ones were in. Long story short I got a hold of his social worker yesterday and was told he is un-adoptable...My first response was of course sad but not discouraged! God has other plans! Praise God that when one door closes there are other doors to run to! So you guessed it, we will be running for another door :)...As my husband says, if we have to convert our garage into a room, we will! Precious orphan children wait, they wait for someone to run to the door for them.
Maybe as believers, we need to start "running more for the door" we've been praying about (whatever that may be) and see if it's open!

2 comments:
That was such a cool way of explaining it...get your passport. Thanks for sharing that...it blessed my heart but also made really think about where my heart is...and am I really running at doors!!!
I loved how he told us that "we are called so stop praying about it just run"Thank you for sharing what touched my heart as well!!
Post a Comment