Saturday, January 2, 2010

Rewind to about eight days ago :)

This is really sad...I'm finally getting Christmas pictures up! Anyways...Here is glorious Christmas Day (hee hee)!

Okay so last year on Christmas we all decided it would be fun to make a gift for who's ever name we drew out of a hat and we had a whole year to think about and make a gift...Of course some of us were procrastinators, some of us started 1-5 days before Christmas, some were busy in the summer making their gift...I wish I had a picture of everyone's homemade gifts to shre, but I was so busy with the kiddos I didn't get to snap a pic of everyone's homemade gift! Here's two I did get....My Grandpa made this gorgeous Metal Star into a picture gallery for my mom! From what they shared, my cousin Cara had one and they loved it so that's what he decided to make her...Well, to our pleasant surprise, both my grandma and grandpa made all of our families one as well! This had to be one of the most precious handmade gifts we've recieved! Next, was my husband's wood widdling job! He widdled this gag duck call for my brother in law and then torched it to give it that extra effect! Isn't that soooo cool...I told him, that was seriously impressive!



Opening gifts!





Sorry, but it's not Christmas Day without "The Christmas Story" (You'll shoot your eye out!)


SOme fun Christmas snaps!





mmmm...We love Nana's icecream snowballs rolled in coconut! Her mom made these when she was little and she wanted to start making them for her grandkids and "big kids" too :) Thanks Nana, they are soooo yummy!




2 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

That star your Grandpa made was SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Any way you could give us the "heads up" on how we could make one too? :)

Reflections of Humility said...

it looks like you guys had such a fun time.