
Well...I haven't really thought of "new year resolutions" per-say, but I have been thinking on areas in my life I'd like to improve on for the glory of God and relationship with Him and with others. One of those areas are people. I really want God to help me on this motto I preach to myself a lot; "People are more important"...I can get so "duty" driven and miss the "people" God has placed in my life who are simply "precious". I notice a lot of "me" can get in the way of truly loving people with a gentle, caring, godly love. Some of those people I'm talking about are the ones in my own family. One thing I've told myself is to say "yes" more often and "no" less often...Let me explain:
I tend to usually just say "no" when the kids ask for this or that...Why?...Because most of the time it is something that requires me to have to go out of my way to make it happen...Could be as simple as "can we play play dough" or can I have some candy, "mom, wanna play a game?"...My usual response would be, "no not right now, maybe later"...Don't get me wrong, there's a time and place to have to say "no", but personally, I find myself saying "no" more often than I should...Another area is in my "down time" (what little amounts of it grace me)...I might run over to the computer or complete a chore, etc...I have really been asking God to help me be aware for more opportunities to sit down with my kids...Read a book, play a game of checkers, color a picture, or whatever...Especially, with my oldest daughter, I've been really feeling a burden to spend a lot more purposeful time with her weekly to sit and do devotionals together and really teach and model to her the beauty of biblical womanhood (I plan to share some great resources here in the next couple days that are just wonderful for mother's and daughters)...I'm feeling like, "the time is now"...It's that window of opportunity I refuse to let slip right past me. So as my dear sister Crystal encouraged me the other day, Don't look at the whole picture, but just take one day at a time...Find those opportunities for today.

1 comment:
Thanks for the reminder...it was a needed one! Where ever you are be all there Elisabeth Elliot said and that is definitly easier said than done. I find myself often "being" where I should be but not being ALL there...my thoughts are elsewhere!
Post a Comment